It is very common that when there are hundreds of employees working in an office, some will be retired and some will leave the job for better opportunities. If this happens, you should grab the chance and apply for a promotion. Usually in multinational companies, employees don’t need to request for a promotion as the HR department keeps an eye on this process and promotes the deserving employees by itself but in small companies and domestic organizations, you have to formally file a request of promotion in order to inform the authorities about the experience you have gained and the skills you have acquired.
What to add in the Promotion Request Letter?
It is definite that if you want to write this letter, you have thought through this and you know you deserve this promotion so there is no questions about that but, still you have to take care of something before writing this letter. First of all, make sure that there is an opening or soon there will be an opening in the office staff. It is better that you keep an eye on the personnel turnover of the company so that when an employee is about to retire, you can send this letter immediately before anyone else does or company thinks to hire from outside.
Secondly, you don’t want to look stupid in the letter if you don’t think you can handle the responsibility of the promoted position. Also make sure that you attach your experience related documents so that it’s easier for the HR department to make the decision in your favor.
Here is a free Sample Promotion Request Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Promotion Request Letter,
Related Sample Letters
- Sample Promotion Request Letter A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at […]
- Salary Request Letter Salary request letter can also be identified as letter of addressing salary requirements even at the start of your job, during job and when you are thinking of changing organization for the issue of low salary package. This letter can be said a way to negotiate with employer about your salary requirements and requests in most professional way. You need to stay very professional, decent […]
- Sample Inquiry Letter An inquiry letter is just about finding job opening in organizations and companies. It is also known as prospecting letter or letter or interest to be sent to companies where jobs and positions are vacant but they do not give advertisement in newspapers. Inquiry letters can be sent via mail and email but letter that are sent through email are most of the time not considered as inquiry […]
- Proposal Letter If you have located a job of your choice, you shall write a letter to the concerned organization to confirm that you are the right man whom they cannot overlook calling you and prove to be the best. In case you have been offered job, you should respond in such a way that the concerned organization will not change its decision regarding the offer. The guidelines in the following […]
- Sample Warning Letter Warning letter is one of important letters or documents to be used in organizations and companies. Basically this letter is written and given to workers for several reasons. Reasons for writing and giving warning letter to employees include poor performance, misconduct or may be cases of breaching in the workplace. Manager of department or higher management is responsible to take […]
- Sample Cancellation letter Letter of cancellation is very important to be used in all business and commercial correspondence and communicating cancellation of lots of business actions and transactions. Cancellation letters are generally written for many cases in business world for example canceling magazine subscription, stopping any transaction, canceling any order or delivery, canceling cable service, […]
- Sample Grievance Letter Grievance letter is written in very particular situations and it is of greater importance whenever you have any problem at workplace. Grievance letter is written by employees when they have to complaint about any problem happens to occur at workplace, office. This letter can also be said letter of complaint or complaint letter. You need to raise grievance against any issue you have at […]
- Sample Retirement Letter Retirement letter is written to the person who stops employment completely and says good bye to his/her organization, colleagues etc. Retirement letter is written by the organization from which the person is getting retired. Retirement is an amazing point in an individual’s life when he or she has to say good bye to all of his colleagues permanently. Retirement letter is not just bound […]
- Solicitation Letter Solicitation is very particular term that refers fundraising. So writing solicitation letter is to write request letter for funds raising and charity collection. NGOs, welfare organizations, welfare trusts and institutes have to write solicitation letter to donors, public to share their contribution in collecting money and other resources for needy persons. When it has to write a […]
- Sample Field Trip Permission Letter (For Professional Experts) A letter that allows an individual employee or a team of employees to conduct a field trip is known as the field trip permission letter. Just like a school field trip when the teacher is required to ask the head of the institution for the permission of an education field trip for the students, the employees of a company are also required to ask for permission before conducting any kind […]