A document in which the writer appraises the skills, abilities, competitive qualities, characteristics, capabilities, and achievements of an individual being recommended in terms of that person’s talent to get higher education in particular college is named a recommendation letter. It is often known as a letter of reference, letter of recommendation, reference letter, or just reference.
There are schools and colleges that do not require a recommendation letter for admission, but a number of other schools and colleges, especially those that offer professional degrees, often want the students to submit a recommendation letter with the admission application set. The letter usually states the abilities and achievements of the student being recommended, and why he or she deserves to get admission in the particular nursing school. This type of letter must be issued from the student’s former school or college office and should be written preferably by a teacher, a head of the department or a principal.
Since there is a very tough competition to get admission in professional schools and colleges, therefore, sometimes the recommendation letter plays a major role in getting admission in a nursing school. This is the reason why students hoping to get admission mostly rely on strong recommendations to stand out from the crowd. In order to write a strong and influential recommendation letter, it is important to follow a few guidelines to ensure that you have an effective and properly formatted recommendation letter.
Before writing a recommendation letter, make sure that you know the student for whom you are writing the letter. However, if you don’t know him or her in person, then it is better to ask the student to give a list of their extracurricular activities with the copy of their transcript, which will assist you to reference particulars and details in your letter.
Start the letter with the standard title, i.e. “To Whom It May Concern”. State the name of the student you are recommending in the very first line. Then, write briefly about how long you have known him or her and in what context.
In the body of a letter, you need to be specific. You can state specific examples of the student’s personal qualities, knowledge of medicine, interest in becoming a nurse, capability of handling tough situations, and his or her dedication to help others. Also, do elucidate why you believe that their nursing school is a good fit for this student, and how he or she might grow from the school experience.
It is important to keep your mind on the opening and closing of your assessment, so that the letter leaves a lasting impression on the reader. After writing the letter, make sure to proofread it for spelling, formatting or grammar mistakes because poor formatting, grammar mistakes, and wrong spellings can ruin all of your effort of writing an effective recommendation letter, despite having a good and compelling content.
By following the above mentioned guidelines, your recommendation letter will surely be able to stand out from the crowd, which will eventually lead your student to get admission in the nursing school.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Recommendation Letter for Nursing School created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Recommendation Letter for Nursing School,
Related Sample Letters
- College Recommendation Letter Since colleges have a highly competitive admission applicant pool, therefore college recommendation letters hold considerable weight in their admission decisions. Generally, colleges look for applicants who have and are capable enough to make an impact in future. This is the reason why a college recommendation letter is so important. Besides an applicant’s own self advocacy, some of […]
- Recommendation Letter for a Friend In this highly competitive world, it is a fact that companies, organizations, and institutions have a highly competitive applicant pool. Generally, they look for applicants who have a good character and who are capable enough to make a strong and positive impact in the future. This makes a recommendation letter so important. Besides an applicant’s own self advocacy, some of his/her […]
- Scholarship Recommendation Letter Innumerable scholarships are introduced and awarded to individuals every now and then. The basic aim of these scholarships is to encourage, support and facilitate students to get or complete education. Those individuals who want to get higher education or want to complete their college education, but are unable to afford the high fees, can apply for a scholarship. In addition, students […]
- Student Admission Letter Admission letter is such an important document that is written to students of school, colleges and universities by the administration department of institute when they got admission in institute. This letter can be said a piece of information and welcome to be sent to students at taking admission in institute. Like other letters and documents, it stands in professional documentations […]
- Sample Field Trip Permission Letter (For Professional Experts) A letter that allows an individual employee or a team of employees to conduct a field trip is known as the field trip permission letter. Just like a school field trip when the teacher is required to ask the head of the institution for the permission of an education field trip for the students, the employees of a company are also required to ask for permission before conducting any kind […]
- Farewell Letter When you change your present position or place, it is foremost obligation on your part to write a farewell letter having the tinge of softness and heart-warmth in order to tender good bye to your close friends, Akins or loved ones. Usually a farewell letter is written on the occasion when you are having graduation from college, when you are changing your job and even when have to leave […]
- Internship Letter If you are going to apply for a nutritional internship after some time, you should learn how a professional letter to be added with your application. It has been observed that many students cannot interpret their experiences while writing a letter that may show the actual worth of their personality and prove them great students. If you are in search of exploring guidelines for this […]
- Sample Excuse Letter Excuse letter is just about apologizing any of your mistakes you make in your personal relationships, at educational institute, office or workplace or anywhere else. Excuse letter can also be written for absence from office/school/college or workplace for any of sicknesses. So writing excuse letter is very common and normal thing of our personal and professional life. However, it also […]
- Sample Letter of Resolution A Resolution Letter, its content and format vary according to the main purpose behind doing this effort. There is much difference between a corporate resolution letter and a death resolution letter. In spite of this fact, there are a number of common elements which are used in almost all the resolution letters frequently.
You cannot overlook the drafting of a resolution letter as […]
- Sample Doctor Permission Letter If a patient usually underage children wants to travel out of the state or country while they have a medical condition that is known to get severe sometimes, it is required for such person to present written consent from their physician or doctor allowing them to travel to their destination. If you want to travel with your child who is medically ill or you are the actual patient, you […]