In this highly competitive world, it is a fact that companies, organizations, and institutions have a highly competitive applicant pool. Generally, they look for applicants who have a good character and who are capable enough to make a strong and positive impact in the future. This makes a recommendation letter so important. Besides an applicant’s own self advocacy, some of his/her impressive qualities and traits can be highlighted properly in a well written letter.
Although it is a great honor if your friend asks you to write a recommendation letter for him/her; however, it is also very weighty because your letter might play a major role in determining whether your friend will be able to fulfill his/her dreams by getting admission/job of his/her choice. Therefore, a strong recommendation letter is the key. For this, you need to follow a few guidelines to ensure that you write a strong, properly formatted and effective recommendation letter.
Before writing a recommendation letter, make sure for which friend you are writing the letter. Is it your childhood friend or a new one? If it is your childhood friend, you can start writing the letter right away; however, if he or she is your new friend and you don’t know much about him or her, then it is better to ask your friend to give his/her resume or any other related documents that highlight his/her past work experiences as well as their general character and behavior with others and level of productivity report. These documents will assist you to reference particulars and details about your friend in the letter.
Start the letter with the salutation, i.e. “To Whom It May Concern”. Next, write your name and the name of your friend in the first line. Then, write briefly about how long you have known him or her and in what context. While writing the body of a letter, be specific. You can state specific examples of your friend’s personal abilities and qualities, capability of handling workload and tough situations, and his/her dedication to work.
Also, explain why you believe that their company/organization/institution is a good fit for your friend, as well as how he/she might grow from this experience and how their organization can take advantage of having him/her. Include all the relevant information about your friend by providing the reference with particulars of his/her achievements, job description, a copy of the resume, and a synopsis of any relevant experience.
Furthermore, remember to keep your mind on the opening and closing of your assessment, so that the letter leaves a lasting impression on the reader. After writing the letter, make sure to proofread it for spelling, formatting or grammar mistakes because poor formatting, grammar mistakes, and wrong spellings can ruin all of your effort that you put in writing a strong and effective recommendation letter, despite having a good and convincing content.
In a nutshell, give a comprehensive sketch of your friend, his/her achievements in academic and professional career, as well as his/her interpersonal skills and general characteristics.
Follow these simple and easy guidelines to make your recommendation letter stand out from the crowd, which might be of great help to your friend in getting what he/she wants.
Here is preview of a free Sample Recommendation Letter for a Friend created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Recommendation Letter for a Friend,
Related Sample Letters
- College Recommendation Letter Since colleges have a highly competitive admission applicant pool, therefore college recommendation letters hold considerable weight in their admission decisions. Generally, colleges look for applicants who have and are capable enough to make an impact in future. This is the reason why a college recommendation letter is so important. Besides an applicant’s own self advocacy, some of […]
- Recommendation Letter for Nursing School A document in which the writer appraises the skills, abilities, competitive qualities, characteristics, capabilities, and achievements of an individual being recommended in terms of that person’s talent to get higher education in particular college is named a recommendation letter. It is often known as a letter of reference, letter of recommendation, reference letter, or just […]
- Scholarship Recommendation Letter Innumerable scholarships are introduced and awarded to individuals every now and then. The basic aim of these scholarships is to encourage, support and facilitate students to get or complete education. Those individuals who want to get higher education or want to complete their college education, but are unable to afford the high fees, can apply for a scholarship. In addition, students […]
- Sample Field Trip Permission Letter (For Professional Experts) A letter that allows an individual employee or a team of employees to conduct a field trip is known as the field trip permission letter. Just like a school field trip when the teacher is required to ask the head of the institution for the permission of an education field trip for the students, the employees of a company are also required to ask for permission before conducting any kind […]
- Sample Cancellation letter Letter of cancellation is very important to be used in all business and commercial correspondence and communicating cancellation of lots of business actions and transactions. Cancellation letters are generally written for many cases in business world for example canceling magazine subscription, stopping any transaction, canceling any order or delivery, canceling cable service, […]
- Job Inquiry Letter Most of the time, when you apply for a job in a company, they let you know about their decision in time but sometimes, you have to pursue the application and find out if they are considering your application or you need to move on. This is where a job inquiry letter comes handy. Usually when you send the job application letter, you have to wait at least 8-10 days before asking for any […]
- Job Application Letter Job application letter is very important document in the job search process and it is also called as cover letter. This letter or document is enclosed with resume when it has to submit to potential employer. Job application letter can also be said an introductory document containing important information about what is company name, how you come to know about that job position, your […]
- Sample Promotion Request Letter A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at […]
- Sample Proposal Acceptance Letter Proposal acceptance letter is just a formal notification to company when you accept any of its proposals. Proposal acceptance letter is written in this regard to inform the company that you have accepted the proposal. This letter is also written to inform even if given proposal is not accepted. Proposal acceptance letter stands in official documentation of organization and it must be […]
- Fundraising Letter In order to generate significant income for your organization, you have to get help from fundraising letters that engage and move the potential donors to action. You should make a continuous effort to accumulate stories of success so that you may share them through a letter or email campaign. You may get a great help from pictures as well. The following paragraphs will help you for a […]