A proof of employment letter is very particular type of letter that is required by banks at the time of bank account opening, getting insured, mortgaging, getting new job etc. this letter is used as a record or proof for accomplishing important organizational activities as we have mentioned. Contents and information of proof of employment letter is very particular and you must be aware of it if you have been given a responsibility to draft this letter in most professional way. Following are some of important things to do for making proof of employment letter.
- Format is extremely important to accomplish proof of employment letter in the best way. Using company letterhead is the best option to make this letter in professional manner. A company’s letterhead easily spells out company name, complete address, phone numbers, fax numbers and email address. Sometimes logo or mission statement of organization is mentioned on company letterhead so it is best to make use of this page for drafting proof of employment letter.
- Write about salutation and greeting in most professional way. You can write salutation in the way i.e. dear Mr. Ms.
- After salutation and greeting, introduce yourself properly giving your name and designation in the organization. Also mention your joining or starting date in that organization for the convenience of recipient.
- Now come to give important information about your professional and employment career including joining dates, duration of your job, your job designation title and also state whether the position was temporary or permanent. In other words, you have to mention criteria of your job in that organization. You can also mention type of organization i.e. government, semi government, private etc.
- Explain professional activities and tasks to be done in your previous job. It is necessary to mention for the convenience of next organization in which you are going to be hired. Work or duties must be summarized in proof of employment letter as giving details of all work activities would not possible to enclose in concise letter.
- After mentioning this important information, provide your complete address and general contact details if organization needs to contact you for further information or hiring process.
- Proof of employment letter would be similar to resume to very extent so you need to be true and straight forward in mentioning what you were in previous employment career.
- Proof of employment letter must be free from spelling and grammar mistakes as if it would write in the wrong way; it would leave bad impression in potential organization or employer.
- You must proof read proof of employment letter before sending or submitting it. It is necessary to omit mistakes and errors in this letter to make it winning and convincing.
- Always well drafted and typed proof of letters are considered professional and accepted by the potential employers so don’t make mistake of hands written proof of employment letter.
All these are tips and rules to make this letter look professional, accurate, concise and convincing to potential employer.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Proof of Employment Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Proof of Employment Letter,
Related Sample Letters
- Job Offer Decline Letter While going through the incident of job seeking, it is imperative to know how to draft a cover letter, a thank you letter as well as an occupation recognition letter. It is also very significant for you to send a letter to the employer in case you decline a job offer. The purpose behind drafting this letter is informing the employer that you are not in a position to accept the offered […]
- Sample Certification Letter Certification letter is one of important letters to be written in employment. This letter is written to verify some important information about the previous history of employees in employment. Letter of certification need to have in different phases of employment i.e. leaving job, getting new job, changing career, resolving legal issues and so on. Letter of certification is literally […]
- Interview Letter Interview letter is of greater importance both for employer and job seeker in the process of job seeking and employment. This letter is to be written by employer and send to candidate who has submitted most convincing and winning resume and employer is going to take him/her chance to have interview meeting with him to negotiate some of other key points of employment. Hence, interview […]
- Sample Retirement Letter Retirement letter is written to the person who stops employment completely and says good bye to his/her organization, colleagues etc. Retirement letter is written by the organization from which the person is getting retired. Retirement is an amazing point in an individual’s life when he or she has to say good bye to all of his colleagues permanently. Retirement letter is not just bound […]
- Sample Termination Letter Hiring and firing are important parts of businesses and professional life and you have to follow then when necessary. Termination letter is written to terminate or fire employees for several of reasons including poor performance, misconduct at workplace, ignoring company’s policies and strategies, frequent and continuous absence and lots of others. Employers have to write termination […]
- Sample Promotion Request Letter A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at […]
- Sample Promotion Letter For initiating and promoting company products and services to existing and potential customers, it is imperative to get help from a sales promotion letter. Usually these letters are managed through a mail keeping in view the need of the hours. But with the arrival of internet know-how and the ample use of computers nowadays, the sales promotion letters are easy to convey through email. […]
- Job Application Letter Job application letter is very important document in the job search process and it is also called as cover letter. This letter or document is enclosed with resume when it has to submit to potential employer. Job application letter can also be said an introductory document containing important information about what is company name, how you come to know about that job position, your […]
- Sample Inquiry Letter An inquiry letter is just about finding job opening in organizations and companies. It is also known as prospecting letter or letter or interest to be sent to companies where jobs and positions are vacant but they do not give advertisement in newspapers. Inquiry letters can be sent via mail and email but letter that are sent through email are most of the time not considered as inquiry […]
- Leave Application Letter Drafting leave application letter is literally important to get leave from your office or workplace. There may be several reasons for taking leave from your workplace and you are bound to tell and inform authority for taking leave and making this process professional like. Taking leave without writing application letter would be considered as absence from workplace and this is surely […]