Retirement letter is written to the person who stops employment completely and says good bye to his/her organization, colleagues etc. Retirement letter is written by the organization from which the person is getting retired. Retirement is an amazing point in an individual’s life when he or she has to say good bye to all of his colleagues permanently. Retirement letter is not just bound to write by the organization while it can be written by the retired person as piece of gratitude to his/her organization. This letter typically relates to professional life of an individual so it must be accomplished in the best professional way. Usual requirements of professionally written retirement letter are:
- Accurate format and pattern
- Using concise but details oriented letter
- Making use of nice and professional words
- Free from spelling and grammar mistakes
- Addressed properly
When you think of writing professional looking retirement letter to your organization or to the person getting retired, you must accomplish all basics and requirements mentioned above.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Retirement Letter written using MS Word to help you,
Given below tips are based on sample retirement letter that you can consider to accomplish in the best professional way.
- First of all use most professional looking and appropriate format and pattern for retirement letter. Format and pattern is the very first point to come to the eyes of the reader and builds your image before reader so it must be appropriate and must accomplish all requirements.
- Start writing retirement letter from subject statement. For example, you must write it in the way; Letter of retirement OR retirement letter.
- Then include your name, complete address with city, state, ZIP code, phone numbers and email address.
- Also include date of writing retirement letter.
- Then write organization name or title, address including city, state, ZIP code, phone numbers and email address.
- Salutation is very important aspect of writing such professional letters. So you must write salutation in the way; dear Mr. Ms. Last name.
- If you are writing retirement letter as a retired person from your organization, you must start body section of this letter thanking for all benefits, support and services you have been received throughout your employment career. You must start writing this section of retirement letter by stating your designation from which you are being retired.
- If retirement letter is written by the management or authority of organization itself, it should start thanking the retired person for his/her professional services that he had bestowed to the organization. If the retired person is going to have any award of achievement, it must be mentioned in the retirement letter explaining the key achievements and success of that individual’s professional career.
- Some of important information is necessary to put while writing retirement letter for example, joining dates, dates of transfers, important achievements of retired person, retirement date and something else.
- Retirement letter must be written in typed form as it stands in professional documentation of organization and must look very professional and well drafted. Hands written retirement letter is not accepted.
All these are pros and cons of writing a professional like retirement letter.
Here is download link for above shown Free Sample Retirement Letter,
Download Sample Retirement Letter.
Related Sample Letters
- Sample Certification Letter Certification letter is one of important letters to be written in employment. This letter is written to verify some important information about the previous history of employees in employment. Letter of certification need to have in different phases of employment i.e. leaving job, getting new job, changing career, resolving legal issues and so on. Letter of certification is literally […]
- Sample Termination Letter Hiring and firing are important parts of businesses and professional life and you have to follow then when necessary. Termination letter is written to terminate or fire employees for several of reasons including poor performance, misconduct at workplace, ignoring company’s policies and strategies, frequent and continuous absence and lots of others. Employers have to write termination […]
- Sample Promotion Request Letter A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at […]
- Proof of Employment Letter A proof of employment letter is very particular type of letter that is required by banks at the time of bank account opening, getting insured, mortgaging, getting new job etc. this letter is used as a record or proof for accomplishing important organizational activities as we have mentioned. Contents and information of proof of employment letter is very particular and you must be aware […]
- Sample Appreciation Letter Appreciation letter is such an important document or letter that is frequently written in our personal as well professional life. This letter can also be said an alternate of thank you letter or letter of acknowledgment. You have to write this letter for thanking, appreciating and acknowledging others for any of good things i.e. gifts, favors, actions done for you. Appreciation letter […]
- Job Offer Decline Letter While going through the incident of job seeking, it is imperative to know how to draft a cover letter, a thank you letter as well as an occupation recognition letter. It is also very significant for you to send a letter to the employer in case you decline a job offer. The purpose behind drafting this letter is informing the employer that you are not in a position to accept the offered […]
- Interview Letter Interview letter is of greater importance both for employer and job seeker in the process of job seeking and employment. This letter is to be written by employer and send to candidate who has submitted most convincing and winning resume and employer is going to take him/her chance to have interview meeting with him to negotiate some of other key points of employment. Hence, interview […]
- Sample Excuse Letter Excuse letter is just about apologizing any of your mistakes you make in your personal relationships, at educational institute, office or workplace or anywhere else. Excuse letter can also be written for absence from office/school/college or workplace for any of sicknesses. So writing excuse letter is very common and normal thing of our personal and professional life. However, it also […]
- Internship Letter If you are going to apply for a nutritional internship after some time, you should learn how a professional letter to be added with your application. It has been observed that many students cannot interpret their experiences while writing a letter that may show the actual worth of their personality and prove them great students. If you are in search of exploring guidelines for this […]
- Sample Apology letter Apology letter is such a document that you may need to accomplish in your personal as well as professional life. Apology letter is written to next person for apology for any of your mistakes, misbehave, poor performance, faults, bad saying etc. This letter is very important to write if you feel things are going to be wrong for your mistakes and bad sayings or whatever. In personal […]