A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at that time can be more convincing and right to get higher position in the organization. Promotion request letter is accomplished within the organization to most appropriate person who is responsible for hiring employees. You have to be very professional while writing promotion request letter as it stands in one of important and professional documents of the organization. Given below are some of general and specific tips to write a convincing promotion request letter.
Waiting for the right time to write a promotion request letter is very important aspect of your professionalism and career advancement. You need to be aware of current circumstances and stability condition of the organization and also be aware of available vacancies regarding higher positions. Writing promotion request letter is not right at the time when company is downsizing. It would be ideal time for you to offer your contribution in upgrading your organization.
You must keep in mind that your promotion request letter may not be considered or accepted by the higher management of the organization. You must not take it personal and try to understand the factor involve in your promotion.
You must give details of your capabilities to give your best on particular higher position on which you want to work. This time, you have to be very responsible for what you are saying about you and your previous performance in the organization. You can also mention your achievements for the organization. This would become more convincing for management to give you a chance of working on higher position.
Include details of your recent working activities in the organization and highlight your achievements and awards in your department.
You must deliver very positive, decent and nice behavior while writing promotion request letter as this is one of most considerable aspects of employees who are promoted to more responsible positions.
You must be very dignities while requesting for promotion. Your request for promotion must not like begging, weak or desperate.
Promotion request letter must not be extra lengthy. In fact, request letter of one page is sufficient to write while asking for promotion.
Now have a glance on general tips for writing professional like letters.
Accuracy is main point that is considered by the reader so your promotion request letter must be right in spelling, grammar, format, pattern and use of font size, style etc.
Just give concrete examples of your performance and achievements.
Promotion request letter must be brief but details oriented giving all necessary details about what you have done and can do for the organization.
All these are general and particular letter writing tips that you must consider while accomplishing promotion request letter.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Promotion Request Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Sample Promotion Request Letter,
Download Sample Promotion Request Letter.
Related Sample Letters
- Promotion Request Letter It is very common that when there are hundreds of employees working in an office, some will be retired and some will leave the job for better opportunities. If this happens, you should grab the chance and apply for a promotion. Usually in multinational companies, employees don’t need to request for a promotion as the HR department keeps an eye on this process and promotes the deserving […]
- Salary Request Letter Salary request letter can also be identified as letter of addressing salary requirements even at the start of your job, during job and when you are thinking of changing organization for the issue of low salary package. This letter can be said a way to negotiate with employer about your salary requirements and requests in most professional way. You need to stay very professional, decent […]
- Sample Certification Letter Certification letter is one of important letters to be written in employment. This letter is written to verify some important information about the previous history of employees in employment. Letter of certification need to have in different phases of employment i.e. leaving job, getting new job, changing career, resolving legal issues and so on. Letter of certification is literally […]
- Sample Retirement Letter Retirement letter is written to the person who stops employment completely and says good bye to his/her organization, colleagues etc. Retirement letter is written by the organization from which the person is getting retired. Retirement is an amazing point in an individual’s life when he or she has to say good bye to all of his colleagues permanently. Retirement letter is not just bound […]
- Sample Inquiry Letter An inquiry letter is just about finding job opening in organizations and companies. It is also known as prospecting letter or letter or interest to be sent to companies where jobs and positions are vacant but they do not give advertisement in newspapers. Inquiry letters can be sent via mail and email but letter that are sent through email are most of the time not considered as inquiry […]
- Sample Promotion Letter For initiating and promoting company products and services to existing and potential customers, it is imperative to get help from a sales promotion letter. Usually these letters are managed through a mail keeping in view the need of the hours. But with the arrival of internet know-how and the ample use of computers nowadays, the sales promotion letters are easy to convey through email. […]
- Proposal Letter If you have located a job of your choice, you shall write a letter to the concerned organization to confirm that you are the right man whom they cannot overlook calling you and prove to be the best. In case you have been offered job, you should respond in such a way that the concerned organization will not change its decision regarding the offer. The guidelines in the following […]
- Sample Termination Letter Hiring and firing are important parts of businesses and professional life and you have to follow then when necessary. Termination letter is written to terminate or fire employees for several of reasons including poor performance, misconduct at workplace, ignoring company’s policies and strategies, frequent and continuous absence and lots of others. Employers have to write termination […]
- Internship Letter If you are going to apply for a nutritional internship after some time, you should learn how a professional letter to be added with your application. It has been observed that many students cannot interpret their experiences while writing a letter that may show the actual worth of their personality and prove them great students. If you are in search of exploring guidelines for this […]
- Sample Cancellation letter Letter of cancellation is very important to be used in all business and commercial correspondence and communicating cancellation of lots of business actions and transactions. Cancellation letters are generally written for many cases in business world for example canceling magazine subscription, stopping any transaction, canceling any order or delivery, canceling cable service, […]