Hiring and firing are important parts of businesses and professional life and you have to follow then when necessary. Termination letter is written to terminate or fire employees for several of reasons including poor performance, misconduct at workplace, ignoring company’s policies and strategies, frequent and continuous absence and lots of others. Employers have to write termination letter for the person who is being fired and terminate from company. Creating a termination letter means you are going to end an employee’s employment but only from your own organization and company. Termination letter must be written carefully considering lots of things for the betterment and future of that employee who is being fired. It is ok if you are not convenient with him/her but you must leave space for him/her to find his career in any other organization.
Termination letter is very important in the way that it would serve you as written record if you need to present for any lawsuit. Other names of termination letter include employee termination letter, pink slip and letter to fire an employee. You need to stay very responsible even while writing termination letter. Following are some of tips and guidelines for you to write termination letter in most professional way.
- Basic demographic information is necessary to include in termination letter. Name, designation and company name must be written in this regard and this should be initial and introductory information of termination letter.
- Remember, reason for terminating an employee must be solid and genius. In next section of termination letter, you will have to state reason of firing and terminating the employee. Give reasons in detailed manner to make things clear for you and employee as well. It is necessary to give a peace of mind to employee for giving solid reason of firing him/her from your organization.
- You must also mention for how many times that employee was warned for said problems and reasons. Also mention those warnings were verbal or written or both.
- Be very clear in stating about company’s property used by that employee. For example, you may have given laptop, car and others to that employee for official uses. If you are going to take back your company’s property from employee, don’t forget to include this information in termination letter.
- Make it very clear if fired employee is using any of company’s benefits like insurance, medical facilities, housing facilities and others. You must clearly mention whether employee can use all these facilities or you want to just quit everything with that employee.
- Must talk about salary and final checks given to employee when he/she was fired or terminated. You must consider vacations and absence of employee while arranging final pay and salary for terminated employee.
All these are things that you must accomplish while writing termination letter as this is would be right and fair way of writing termination letter and accomplishing termination of employee from your organization. It is better to type termination letter rather than hand written.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Termination Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Termination Letter,
Download Termination Letter.
Related Sample Letters
- Sample Appreciation Letter Appreciation letter is such an important document or letter that is frequently written in our personal as well professional life. This letter can also be said an alternate of thank you letter or letter of acknowledgment. You have to write this letter for thanking, appreciating and acknowledging others for any of good things i.e. gifts, favors, actions done for you. Appreciation letter […]
- Sample Demand Letter Demand letter is one of important documents or letters to be used in our personal as well as professional life. Mainly demand letters are written in all civil cases including payment issues, property issues, business conflicts and claims. Insurance claim negotiation is mostly involved in writing demand letter. If you are writing demand letter for insurance claim so you have to send […]
- Sample Break Up Letter Break up letter is accomplished in personal relationships of love and affection especially among boys and girls. Break up letter is written to say good bye to your boy friend or girl friend, lover etc. Writing this letter can be said a good way of breaking up your relationship forever. Break up letter is written in such a situation when you don’t want to face your lover i.e. boy […]
- Sample Eviction Letter If you intend to know what most unlucky thing of being a landlord is, you will realize that it is evicting an occupant. This process is not only costly but also consume a lot of time to end it. In order to lower the costs to the minimum, the conviction proceedings must be performed as early as possible in your own interest. The very first step in this regard is to write a proper […]
- Sample Permission Letter Searching for metal is an interesting activity and you may find a number of places for this purpose. Some time you have to do this assignment on private property that require proper permission. You have to spare some days to get permission in order to do better work than other people. In this regard you may write a permission letter to the owner of the home in which you may tell him […]
- Sample Retirement Letter Retirement letter is written to the person who stops employment completely and says good bye to his/her organization, colleagues etc. Retirement letter is written by the organization from which the person is getting retired. Retirement is an amazing point in an individual’s life when he or she has to say good bye to all of his colleagues permanently. Retirement letter is not just bound […]
- Sample Certification Letter Certification letter is one of important letters to be written in employment. This letter is written to verify some important information about the previous history of employees in employment. Letter of certification need to have in different phases of employment i.e. leaving job, getting new job, changing career, resolving legal issues and so on. Letter of certification is literally […]
- Sample Promotion Request Letter A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at […]
- Proof of Employment Letter A proof of employment letter is very particular type of letter that is required by banks at the time of bank account opening, getting insured, mortgaging, getting new job etc. this letter is used as a record or proof for accomplishing important organizational activities as we have mentioned. Contents and information of proof of employment letter is very particular and you must be aware […]
- Leave Application Letter Drafting leave application letter is literally important to get leave from your office or workplace. There may be several reasons for taking leave from your workplace and you are bound to tell and inform authority for taking leave and making this process professional like. Taking leave without writing application letter would be considered as absence from workplace and this is surely […]