While going through the incident of job seeking, it is imperative to know how to draft a cover letter, a thank you letter as well as an occupation recognition letter. It is also very significant for you to send a letter to the employer in case you decline a job offer. The purpose behind drafting this letter is informing the employer that you are not in a position to accept the offered job. Normally you may inform the concerned quarter verbally about your decision, but it is also the foremost obligation on your part to send a letter to your employer to decline the job that will go a long way in creating goodwill gesture in his mind. If you are not fully aware of writing such letter, you may follow the following guidelines to meet your purpose.
In this regard you are required to keep your letter extensive. You have to keep the actual reasons of declining the job to yourself. You need not to mention why you do not like to work for the organization. In case you give specification of declining the job, you are not only damaging your reputation but also future chance of getting job in this organization. It is possible that there is some close connection between the previous and the would-be organizations. It is therefore, necessary to be safe to say sorry and keep actual reasons and feeling in your own mind.
In your declining letter, your content should be positive. There should not be any negative thing in your letter about the organization at all. Moreover, you should not mention the name of the owner or company you are going to join. You must avoid creating any type of conflict between the two organizations. You may state that you are in search of some better job opportunity befitting to your targets.
You should avoid giving long details in your declining letter. Your letter should precisely communicate all information that is necessary at this place. Your letter should not comprise on more three or four precise paragraphs that requires conveying your employer that you are not joining the job.
Actually the letter you are going to write to your employer for declining the job is a thank you letter as well. It is obligation on your part to thank and appreciate the employer for giving you a chance to serve in his organization. It is a great thing for you which cannot be ignored. In case you do not respect and appreciate his offer, it will create an impression that you are unthankful for the job offer.
Your declining letter should be written in a befitting and professional manner. It must have a formal and professional tinge of a cover letter. You must ensure that the letter should be free from spelling, typing and grammatical mistakes. Though, you are not accepting the offer, yet the employer should not think that he took wrong decision in appointing you for the job.
Generally speaking, a decline letter is wide short, straight and professionally written without any grammatical mistake. This letter is also a symbol of appreciation for job offer that should not be overlooked in your letter. It is also a part and parcel of job application process.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Job Offer Decline Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Free Sample Job Offer Decline Letter,
Related Sample Letters
- Proof of Employment Letter A proof of employment letter is very particular type of letter that is required by banks at the time of bank account opening, getting insured, mortgaging, getting new job etc. this letter is used as a record or proof for accomplishing important organizational activities as we have mentioned. Contents and information of proof of employment letter is very particular and you must be aware […]
- Sample Certification Letter Certification letter is one of important letters to be written in employment. This letter is written to verify some important information about the previous history of employees in employment. Letter of certification need to have in different phases of employment i.e. leaving job, getting new job, changing career, resolving legal issues and so on. Letter of certification is literally […]
- Interview Letter Interview letter is of greater importance both for employer and job seeker in the process of job seeking and employment. This letter is to be written by employer and send to candidate who has submitted most convincing and winning resume and employer is going to take him/her chance to have interview meeting with him to negotiate some of other key points of employment. Hence, interview […]
- Job Application Letter Job application letter is very important document in the job search process and it is also called as cover letter. This letter or document is enclosed with resume when it has to submit to potential employer. Job application letter can also be said an introductory document containing important information about what is company name, how you come to know about that job position, your […]
- Sample Retirement Letter Retirement letter is written to the person who stops employment completely and says good bye to his/her organization, colleagues etc. Retirement letter is written by the organization from which the person is getting retired. Retirement is an amazing point in an individual’s life when he or she has to say good bye to all of his colleagues permanently. Retirement letter is not just bound […]
- Proposal Letter If you have located a job of your choice, you shall write a letter to the concerned organization to confirm that you are the right man whom they cannot overlook calling you and prove to be the best. In case you have been offered job, you should respond in such a way that the concerned organization will not change its decision regarding the offer. The guidelines in the following […]
- Introduction Letter Introduction letter is one that can be said cover letter enclosed with resume at the time of submission before potential employer. Hence introduction or cover letter is of greater importance for job seekers to represent themselves in the most professional way before potential employer. Introduction letter is very first point of communication between you and employer so it must be very […]
- Sample Termination Letter Hiring and firing are important parts of businesses and professional life and you have to follow then when necessary. Termination letter is written to terminate or fire employees for several of reasons including poor performance, misconduct at workplace, ignoring company’s policies and strategies, frequent and continuous absence and lots of others. Employers have to write termination […]
- Internship Letter If you are going to apply for a nutritional internship after some time, you should learn how a professional letter to be added with your application. It has been observed that many students cannot interpret their experiences while writing a letter that may show the actual worth of their personality and prove them great students. If you are in search of exploring guidelines for this […]
- Sample Promotion Request Letter A promotion request letter is particularly written by an employee of the organization requesting to get his/her desired position in the organization. This letter is written in very particular time when employee really deserves that position. Most of organizations provide opportunities to their own employees to fill the vacancies vacant in the organizations. Writing promotion letter at […]