If you intend to know what most unlucky thing of being a landlord is, you will realize that it is evicting an occupant. This process is not only costly but also consume a lot of time to end it. In order to lower the costs to the minimum, the conviction proceedings must be performed as early as possible in your own interest. The very first step in this regard is to write a proper eviction letter and send to then tenant and ensure its receipt. The letter should contain the negligence of the tenant, remedy of this negligence as well as the time period to resolve this issue properly. No doubt it is not an easy task for any landlord to write and serve an eviction letter, but this exercise should essentially be taken as soon as possible. In following line some useful steps in this regard are being stated.
The first and important thing you are bound to know is familiarity with eviction law in your particular area. Eviction laws vary not only from state to state in the United States but are also different between countries.it should be noted that in most of US states landlords have to allow a period from 30 to 90 days to evacuate the property. If you want to see the thorough law in your area, you should visit the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. In this regard, you can also come in contact with the Department of Consumer Affairs of the particular state.
When going through the exercise of writing an eviction letter, you should use business style layout. You have to adopt a professional manner and method in a prescribed way while writing this letter. For this purpose, you will write the tenant’s name along with formal salutation and hid address on the left hand margin of your letter while the name of the concerned landlord and address is required to be placed on the right hand margin. Beneath the name and address of the landlord, the date of writing this letter will be written.
In the first part of the letter’s body you will aquatint the tenant about the derelictions of the terms and conditions of the lease he has exercised this part. This should contain the landlord’s business, the tenant’s name and the date of the tenancy. In the next sentences you will ask him why he is violating the terms of lease.
The letter should also suggest the measures that the tenant must adopt to cope with the situation within stipulated period. This period may be from three to sixty days.it has been observed that non-payment of rent is the most common reason of eviction. For this reason, a three-day notice is required. In case of non-payment of utilities, late fees and derelictions of monetary obligations, also the notice of three is served. When the occupants have lived on the possessions for more than one year, a lease of sixty days is obligatory.
The letter is sent to the tenant after writing his address when landlord signs on it.
Here is a preview of a Free Sample Eviction Letter created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Eviction Letter,
Download Eviction Letter .
Related Sample Letters
- Sample Demand Letter Demand letter is one of important documents or letters to be used in our personal as well as professional life. Mainly demand letters are written in all civil cases including payment issues, property issues, business conflicts and claims. Insurance claim negotiation is mostly involved in writing demand letter. If you are writing demand letter for insurance claim so you have to send […]
- Sample Break Up Letter Break up letter is accomplished in personal relationships of love and affection especially among boys and girls. Break up letter is written to say good bye to your boy friend or girl friend, lover etc. Writing this letter can be said a good way of breaking up your relationship forever. Break up letter is written in such a situation when you don’t want to face your lover i.e. boy […]
- Sample Appreciation Letter Appreciation letter is such an important document or letter that is frequently written in our personal as well professional life. This letter can also be said an alternate of thank you letter or letter of acknowledgment. You have to write this letter for thanking, appreciating and acknowledging others for any of good things i.e. gifts, favors, actions done for you. Appreciation letter […]
- Sample Permission Letter Searching for metal is an interesting activity and you may find a number of places for this purpose. Some time you have to do this assignment on private property that require proper permission. You have to spare some days to get permission in order to do better work than other people. In this regard you may write a permission letter to the owner of the home in which you may tell him […]
- Sample Termination Letter Hiring and firing are important parts of businesses and professional life and you have to follow then when necessary. Termination letter is written to terminate or fire employees for several of reasons including poor performance, misconduct at workplace, ignoring company’s policies and strategies, frequent and continuous absence and lots of others. Employers have to write termination […]
- Sample Hardship Letter Hardship letter is submitted to lender or service provider on request when loan duration is modified. Hardship letter helps you to avoid foreclosure and managing issues in mortgage payment. Most of people think about this letter that it is to write for dealing with all types of financial services. You have to write hardship letter and provide to lender or service provider for some of […]
- Sample Claim Letter Claim letter is very particular type of letter that is written to make claims on different issues including unsatisfactory performance, product malfunctioning, complaints from companies etc. This letter can also be said a complaint letter. In some instances, you have to write this letter for claiming for property, insurance or other legal issues. Claim letter is very serious and […]
- Sample Hotel Reservation Letter Hotel reservation or confirmation letter is very particular type of letter that is written by hotel management to send to their customers and guests for booking of hotel rooms and dining reservation. Writing hotel reservation letter is just about hospitality of hotel and restaurant management that is ultimately an essential part of their hotel services. Hotel reservation letter can be […]
- Sample Letter of Credit Letter of credit plays an important role in international business. They are generally issued by bigger banks in order to pay a seller upon receipt of merchandise by a buyer provided the conditions stated in the letter have been fulfilled. You should keep in mind that the letter of credit submits documents for the goods instead of the goods themselves. Banks do not play any role in […]
- Sample Letter of Resolution A Resolution Letter, its content and format vary according to the main purpose behind doing this effort. There is much difference between a corporate resolution letter and a death resolution letter. In spite of this fact, there are a number of common elements which are used in almost all the resolution letters frequently.
You cannot overlook the drafting of a resolution letter as […]